Wednesday, May 14, 2014

pam johnson - print salon share


When 22 KC print society members got together to share a print that meant something to each of us, STORIES opened up, and it got exciting in the Spencer Room of the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art. Here is Pam:
"I have a bad habit of going to state sales and bringing home, sort of, rescue puppies. You know, you see something that has visual appeal, but it may be decrepit or in need of restoring.This happens to be from the collection of Alfred Frueh, a well-known American, who was well known for his caricatures that appeared for many many decades in the New Yorker magazine." Pam Johnson
"The thing I brought, being new to this, and being new to understanding prints, I brought a collection of ten rescue pieces. And, I invite everyone, they are signed, but I cannot decipher the signature. Although I have ten opportunities to do it here. I have no idea what it says. I do not know anything about the technique, which I am relying on all of you for. They are very bizarre."  Pam Johnson


Johnson introduces her Alfred J. Frueh print. She asks the audience for their help identifying unknown print artists. Three minute video.


Pam Johnson is a member of the Nelson Atkins Print Society.


Print Salon Share took place on March 22, 2014.  
Photos and video by Karl Marxhausen

No comments:

Post a Comment